RecruitNZ offers blue collar recruitment of permanent roles at all levels throughout New Zealand. We can recruit for these roles within New Zealand, or via overseas recruitment.
What are blue collar jobs?
The term blue collar workers refers to roles that revolve around manual labour such as steel fixers, truck and bus drivers, and upholsterers.
Both our white and blue collar recruitment service covers all levels, from entry level roles to senior and managerial
positions. Our proven recruitment processes are focused on finding employees who are a good cultural fit for your team and organisation, as well as being suitably skilled and qualified.
What roles are covered by blue collar recruitment?
Here are some of the blue collar jobs we recruit – note that we specialise in permanent recruitment or long-term contracts:
- Agriculture: including farm hands, farm managers, and apiarists/beekeepers.
- Automotive and mechanics: including panel beaters, auto painters, and tyre technicians.
- Civil construction and roading: including concreters, drainlayers, drillers, riggers, and steel fixers.
- Construction and trades: including builders, electricians, cabinetmakers, carpenters, concreters, earthmovers, engineers, floorers, GIB stoppers, HVAC technicians, installers, joiners, landscapers, painters, spray painters, marine painters, auto painters, tilers, steel fixers, glaziers, masons, sheet metal fabricators, detailers, fibreglass technicians, roofers, and more.
- Healthcare: including hospital staffing, general healthcare roles, aged care, nurses, orderlies, and support workers.
- Machine operators: including CNC machinists and sewing machinists.
- Manufacturing: including joiners, welders, aluminium fabricators and installers, cabinet makers and joiners, upholsterers, and sewing machinists.
- Transport and logistics: including bus drivers, truck drivers, forklift drivers, warehouse and distribution roles.
If you have a role you’d like us to recruit for you, take the next step and register a vacancy – it’s free and obligation-free.
What's the blue collar recruitment process?
The process for both white and blue collar recruitment is very much the same: our process is rigorous, proven, and customer-centric.
The main difference would be around the testing that is completed pre-employment for each of these. On-the-job trade tests are relevant for blue collar jobs: these test the skill of using a machine or tools. Skills assessments for white collar jobs may be around speed for data entry,
knowledge of computer packages, or personality styles.
Regardless of the role we’re recruiting for, we’ll spend a good amount of time getting to know you, your team, your organisational culture, and your strategic goals. That way we can ensure that we recruit an employee who is a good fit for your business.
Here are more details of our recruitment process.
Can you also assist with white collar recruitment?
Yes, RecuitNZ can also recruit while collar roles at all levels, whether they are desk based or mobile roles, such as sales.
Read more about white collar recruitment.
We have used RecruitNZ to recruit a number of key positions in our company.
We have always found the team at RecruitNZ professional and easy to work with.
They take the hassle out of recruiting staff and the follow up is awesome, asking how team members are going that have been with us for a number of years. This shows they don’t just fill a position and forget about it. They are there as a support through any challenges we faced during the process. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tanya and the team. Great company, great people."
Reuben Beatson | Business Development Leader, ASTRO
Do you have questions about blue collar recruitment?
Please contact us for advice and information, we’ll be glad to help you.